Building a new home or renovating an existing property takes a lot to organise and can turn out to be extremely stressful. There are many decisions to be made and at times it is hard to know where to turn and who to trust. In reality, most of those trying to influence your decisions are probably more interested in the outcome for them, rather than for you.
At HOBANZ we are developing a network of trusted providers and range of independent services to help owners plan and execute successful projects. There is a significant amount of work required to pull this together but the process has started. If you do not find what you are looking for on our website, please email your questions through to us and we will respond. As well as getting you the answers you need, this will help us build our knowledge base so we can provide better guidance through our website in the future.
In this section you will find:
Building a new home, fixing or renovating an existing property can be extremely stressful. There are so many questions and decisions to be made that the whole process can be confusing and traumatic - and that’s even before you take the cost of the project into consideration.
This is where HOBANZ Project Assist can help. We give you peace of mind. Project Assist is a unique concept that gives you the assurance of independent, honest advice during your new build or remediation project. Working beside you at all stages of the project we develop a tailored package that ensures you:
• Obtain independent advice;
• Receive technical expertise (building and contractual);
• Avoid costly mistakes;
• Achieve the best market price through tendering;
• Source the best contractors for your purpose;
• Keep your project on budget.
• Design Development;
• Tender Preparation;
• Tender Analysis & Reporting;
Financial Assistance Package
The government’s Financial Assistance Package (FAP) was introduced to help owners of leaky homes repair their properties. While touted to be the answer for leaky home owners, the FAP is not necessarily the best option for everyone. Through Project Assist, we provide independent advice based on your situation and help you decide on the best course of action. Our services include:
• Assistance in selecting designers experienced in weathertightness issues;
• Tender preparation;
• FAP document preparation;
• Third party negotiations.
For more information on Weathertightness Services and the FAP, please see the Leaky and Defective homes section of our website. Also, please feel free to contact us at +6493608032 or email@example.com.
- Ministry of Health - Where to find asbestos in a residential home
- Auckland Unitary Plan
- Auckland Council GIS Map Viewer
- The Rebuild; Christchurch
- Wellington Long Term Plan
- BRANZ Maintenance Schedule
- MBIE Building Performance
- MBIE Why Contracts are Valuable
- MBIE: Publications (building, weathertightness, sector publications)